On our island, there are not lakes big enough for waterskiing/wakeboarding behind a boat, so they have “cable skiing” here. I had never heard of it! Apparently, it's popular in other parts of the world as well. There’s a motorized cable that goes around in a loop around a small pond/lagoon. The rope is being pulled along above you rather than from a boat in front of you. They have jumps and rails that you can use to do tricks. We tried wakeboarding a few weeks ago. Tré absolutely loved it (as did I). Tré was better at it than I was due to more snowboarding experience! Although, we both did our share of face plants, and swallowing of pond water... yuck. I have some older students that are really good at it, so Tré is aspiring to learn to do flips, 360’s, etc. from them. These same students have been writing stories in class about the bones they've broken in the process of learning these tricks... I suppose that I'll be taking it easy so I don't break bone #3. Keep your fingers crossed for Tré.